Bryan Fuller you are an evil human being. The current showrunner for the fantastic American Gods was on the podcast Post Mortem with Mick Garris (quote via Entertainment Weekly). He spoke about an idea he has for season 4 of the beloved NBC show and how he is “excited” that they might get to return to it someday. The show stared Hugh Dancy as FBI profiler Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
“I have conversations with (Hannibal executive producer) Martha De Laurentiis,” said Fuller, who is currently overseeing Starz’s American Gods. “I have conversations with Mads and Hugh. We’re are all excited about the prospect of returning to the story. There’s some hurdles to get through… [But] I just had a great idea for season 4. There’s an interesting next chapter in the relationship between Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter that would be fascinating to unpack. I’ve shared it with the gentlemen and they’re both keen on it.”
Hannibal was a fantastic show that ran for three seasons on NBC before being canceled. The show was beautiful and garnered a large fanbase and a lot of critical acclaim. Fuller has never given up hope that the series could return in some capacity. Even when the show was canceled in June of 2015 Fuller said in a statement,
“Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.”
Fuller seems keen to return along with the main cast and maybe someday it will. Stranger things have happened.
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018