Helsinki-based mobile game developer Motorious Entertainment announced today that it has closed on an €800,000 investment round of funding to produce its debut mobile release Top Gear Road Trip, based on the popular BBC Top Gear IP. The game is set to launch on iOS and Android devices this summer.
The joint investment from Finnvera Venture Capital and Nordea’s Startup and Growth Services, combined with the remaining fund from backers from the first round of investment, brings the total investment to €1,300,000.
Top Gear Road Trip is being marketed as a casual, free-to-play mobile title and it’ll try to present us with some of the well-known challenges from the Top Gear TV show. The game uses match-three control mechanics, with mid-core gameplay to enable players to progress on a map from England to France, through the Alps, Italy, and onwards on a road trip saga.
Strategy, planning, and car tuning are essential to win the puzzle races and reach various Top Gear challenge levels — because the best way to make a road trip on a mobile game is to make it a puzzler. The game does include some PvP mechanics as well, so you’ll get to test your car collection against your friends’, all while completing puzzle challenges.
Jari Pauna, CEO and Creative Director of Motorious Entertainment, said in a statement announcing the deal:
“After a number of years as Editor in Chief of Finnish Top Gear, it has been an exciting ride to extract the DNA of driving’s number one television franchise, and build it into a mobile game. We are excited to have Finnvera Venture Capital, Nordea’s Startup and Growth Services in the driving seat, to help grow our team and look forward to launching Top Gear Road Trip, in partnership with BBC Worldwide this summer.”
So while the game may not have your favorite faces from the BBC’s long-running car show, it does at least feature The Stig.
- Project CARS 2 Plans To Take Out Forza And GranTurismo
- The Grand Tour Trailer Hits Showing Off The Ex-Top Gear Hosts' Shenanigans
- Frederick “Freddybabes” Bird Wins the October Gwent Open - October 15, 2018
- Cloud Imperium Raises Additional Funds Following Star Citizen 3.3 Alpha - October 15, 2018
- Nintendo has Announced a Diablo III Switch Bundle - October 15, 2018
- Future Paradox Games Will Run on a New, Easier-to-Mod Engine Update - October 15, 2018
- Dark Horse Team Cloud 9 has Flipped the Script on League of Legends Worlds - October 15, 2018