If you’ve ever wanted a sequel to the iconic rpg Planescape: Torment, Torment: Tides of Numenera was designed by ineXile Entertainment specifically to fit that bill. And now with a new free update which adds a host of new features, all built around offering a more robust play experience for new or returning players, you’ve got no better time to jump on board than now.
In the Servant of the Tides update, you get a new party member out of a shapeshifting living artifact that looks like a slime and is fittingly named Oom. You’ll also get the Voluminous Codex, which is an in-game encyclopedia to help flesh out characters and locations you encounter during your journey in Torment. There is also a new quest-line, revised crisis encounters, and improved experience for console players who previously had some technical difficulties.
If you need even more convincing, well, our own Gavin Sheehan called Torment: Tides of Numenera “by far the best RPG of 2017 so far,” in his review of the game. “Hands down one of the best I’ve had the privilege of playing in the last few years. There’s very little I have to complain about this game, and what little there is can easily be overlooked.”
And sure, maybe you’ll have to read some, but if giant blocks of text don’t terrify you, this is not a game you’ll want to sit out.
Torment: Tides of Numenera is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The Servant of the Tides update trailer is below.
- A New Character & More In 'Torment: Tides Of Numenera' Latest Update Trailer
- Brian Fargo Founder Of Interplay And InXile Entertainment Will Be Retiring
- Standing In Awe Of 'Torment: Tides Of Numenera'
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood Is Stunning And Damn Well Worth The Hype – A Spoiler-Free Review - June 25, 2017
- Koji Igarashi Discusses Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night, Konami, And 505 Games - June 25, 2017
- The Recycled Console As Switch Dock Fad Continues - June 24, 2017
- Binding Of Isaac Afterbirth + Is Getting A PS4 Release - June 24, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Gives Us A Glimpse Of Hela - June 24, 2017