It wasn’t planned at all, but you gotta give the guy points for winning in style and jetting to make his flight. Elliot Bastien “Ally” Carroza-Oyarce from Cloud 9 took home the 2GGC: Greninja Saga championship, defeating “Larry Lurr” Holland from Misfits in the Grand Finals 3-1. What makes this Smash Bros. win interesting and kinda cool is that Ally booked his flight out of the tournament late in the evening, like a lot of players or attendees would who don’t plan on staying an extra night for a single-day tourney. But nothing in life is absolute, and as the tournament started to drag on into the night, it was looking like Ally was doomed to miss his flight. Twitter and Twitch viewers were cheering him on to win the Grand Finals, which he did with little time to spare, barely making his flight within two minutes of final boarding.
That’s an impressive way to play and live! Walk in, crush everyone, walk out the champ, make your flight. Ally now has a spot in the 2GG Championship in December along with $4,250 in prize money from the victory. You can check out the final round below.
- This War of Mine: Stories Receives New DLC with “The Last Broadcast” - November 14, 2018
- Jam City Announces a New Partnership with Disney - November 14, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for November 13-19, 2018 - November 14, 2018
- 2018 Hearthstone All-Star Invitational Returns to Taiwan in December - November 13, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s First DLC “The Forge” is Released - November 13, 2018