Back in October of 2016, Disney announced their plans to bring Scott Lang/Ant-Man to the small screen with a series of animated shorts for Disney XD.
A short teaser of the first episode was released today, as well as a sneak peak of the art:
Ant-Man will be voiced by Josh Keaton, who has a ton of DC animated titles under his belt. This will be his first Marvel hero gig since 2008’s Spectacular Spider-Man. Something about those dash mans I guess. We’ll also get Hank Pym and his daughter Hope (Wasp), as well as Scott’s daughter Cassie.
Entertainment Weekly writes that the six two-minute shorts in this series are directed by Ugo Bienvenu and Kevin Manach, written by Brian Wysol, executive-produced by Alan Fine, Dan Buckley, Joe Quesada, Cort Lane, Stephen Wacker, and Stan Lee, with Cara Speller and Marc Bodin-Joyeux also serving as producers. Marvel’s Ant-Man was animated by Passion Pictures, the studio behind Gorillaz’s animated music videos.
The first shorts (titled “Science Fair,” “Alien Invasion,” and “Soup Time”) will air on Disney XD on Saturday, June 10 at 7:58 a.m. ET, with the next two (“Alien Invasion” and “Soup Time”) following at 11:58 a.m. and 2:58 p.m. The next three (“Exterminator”, “Proton Cube,” and “Not a Date”) will air the next day at 11:28 a.m., 5:28 p.m., and 8:58 p.m., respectively.
- ‘Godzilla Vs. Kong’ Production Begins Today, Says Legendary Pictures - November 12, 2018
- Akiva Goldsman, Toby Whithouse, Neil Gaiman talk ‘Gormenghast’ Adaptation - November 12, 2018
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’- A Devoted Fan’s Thoughts - November 12, 2018
- Deadwood: W. Earl Brown Shares “Dispatches from the Thoroughfare V” - November 12, 2018
- Ryan Reynolds Shares First Trailer for ‘Detective Pikachu’ - November 12, 2018