Rapper and movie star Ice Cube was a guest on the Late Late Show with James Corden last week, and he dropped a major clue as the future of the Friday franchise, according to websites desperate for something to write about on a slow Sunday afternoon who are willing to take offhand comments and spin them off into a full-fledged news story. Asked about a fourth film in the franchise, which saw its last entry with 2002’s Friday After Next, Cube told host Corden:
We’re working on one right now. We’re gonna call it Last Friday.
There’s no other details on the movie at this time, but if it is the final film in the franchise as the title implies, one wonders whether Chris Tucker will return for one final outing. Tucker didn’t return for the two sequels to 1995’s Friday, which is kind of insulting when you think about the fact that he did like seventeen Rush Hours.
- Marvel’s Jordan White Spoils the Last Panel of Uncanny X-Men #1 for #XMenMonday - October 22, 2018
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018