Rapper and movie star Ice Cube was a guest on the Late Late Show with James Corden last week, and he dropped a major clue as the future of the Friday franchise, according to websites desperate for something to write about on a slow Sunday afternoon who are willing to take offhand comments and spin them off into a full-fledged news story. Asked about a fourth film in the franchise, which saw its last entry with 2002’s Friday After Next, Cube told host Corden:
We’re working on one right now. We’re gonna call it Last Friday.
There’s no other details on the movie at this time, but if it is the final film in the franchise as the title implies, one wonders whether Chris Tucker will return for one final outing. Tucker didn’t return for the two sequels to 1995’s Friday, which is kind of insulting when you think about the fact that he did like seventeen Rush Hours.
- Shaft... We're Just Talking About A Reboot
- Updated Christmas Carol To Feature Ice Cube As Scrooge
- DC Shocker: Bendis Read Superman Back Issues in Preparation for Job - May 21, 2018
- Joelle Jones Redesigns Catwoman for August’s Catwoman #2 - May 21, 2018
- Marc Andreyko and Kevin Maguire Revive Supergirl in August; Plus: 4 New Costumes - May 21, 2018
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018