Tom Hardy has been cast in the titular role for Columbia Pictures’ Venom, according to a report from Variety. Hardy’s previous supervillain cred includes playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. In the comics, Bane uses a drug called the venom serum to enhance his strength, making us wonder if they had this planned all along!! Ruben Fleischer will direct a script written by Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner.
Though billed as a Spider-Man spinoff, Spider-Man Homecoming director Jon Watts has gone on record as saying the movie won’t tie into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and thus by association it must also not tie into Spider-Man: Homecoming, which is set there. Venom has been in development for a while, but various Spider-Man reboots have caused it to exist in its own pocket cinematic universe, which is just as well. The movie is rumored to be shooting for an R-Rating.
Venom is set for a 2018 release date.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' NBA Finals TV Spot
- Two Trailers And Two Posters For 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Will CM Punk Be at WWE Raw 25? The Answer Will Most Definitely Not Shock You! - January 16, 2018
- Archie’s Dick Tracy Revival Canceled Due to Licensing Error - January 16, 2018
- David Baldeón Joins Gail Simone as Artist for Marvel’s Domino - January 16, 2018
- Website Finally Launches Outlining Plan to Turn Dream of Justice League Snyder Cut into Reality - January 16, 2018
- WWE Announces Signings of Candice LeRae, Ricochet, and War Machine - January 16, 2018