This first post by DC Films on social media giant Weibo, aimed at a Chinese audience, promoted Wonder Woman with a translation of the phrase “With great power must come great responsibility”
Naturally, this sent both Marvel and DC fans into a tizzy over their appropriation of Spider-Man’s well-established catchphrase
Lesson learned? Well, a subsequent post was targeted at women as China approaches a Valentine’s Day-equivalent celebration, which encouraged ladies to “go to the beach and find a boyfriend”.
Again, causing an outcry from fans who saw it as disrespectful, not very Wonder Woman, and kicking off a response to “go to the beach and skip the movie”.
Both posts have since been pulled due to the backlash….
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018