This first post by DC Films on social media giant Weibo, aimed at a Chinese audience, promoted Wonder Woman with a translation of the phrase “With great power must come great responsibility”
Naturally, this sent both Marvel and DC fans into a tizzy over their appropriation of Spider-Man’s well-established catchphrase
Lesson learned? Well, a subsequent post was targeted at women as China approaches a Valentine’s Day-equivalent celebration, which encouraged ladies to “go to the beach and find a boyfriend”.
Again, causing an outcry from fans who saw it as disrespectful, not very Wonder Woman, and kicking off a response to “go to the beach and skip the movie”.
Both posts have since been pulled due to the backlash….
- On This Day In Pop Culture – May 20
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017
- Mighty Thor #700, One Of 7 Marvel Legacy Comics Going To Second Print - October 19, 2017
- Will You Have A New Year’s Eve Party, Or Wait For An Avengers #675 Party? - October 19, 2017