This first post by DC Films on social media giant Weibo, aimed at a Chinese audience, promoted Wonder Woman with a translation of the phrase “With great power must come great responsibility”
Naturally, this sent both Marvel and DC fans into a tizzy over their appropriation of Spider-Man’s well-established catchphrase
Lesson learned? Well, a subsequent post was targeted at women as China approaches a Valentine’s Day-equivalent celebration, which encouraged ladies to “go to the beach and find a boyfriend”.
Again, causing an outcry from fans who saw it as disrespectful, not very Wonder Woman, and kicking off a response to “go to the beach and skip the movie”.
Both posts have since been pulled due to the backlash….
- On This Day In Pop Culture – May 20
- Dastardly And Muttley #1 Review: A Surreal Modern Warfare Story - August 17, 2017
- A Final Trailer For Tonight/Tomorrow Morning’s Defenders Bingedrop From Marvel And Netflix - August 17, 2017
- Howard Chaykin Had To Change Another Cover ‘For Divided States Of Hysteria’ - August 17, 2017
- Who Is… Batman: The Dawnbreaker In ‘Dark Nights: Metal’? (SPOILERS) - August 17, 2017
- The Washington DC Comic Store That Wants A Liquor License - August 17, 2017