This first post by DC Films on social media giant Weibo, aimed at a Chinese audience, promoted Wonder Woman with a translation of the phrase “With great power must come great responsibility”
Naturally, this sent both Marvel and DC fans into a tizzy over their appropriation of Spider-Man’s well-established catchphrase
Lesson learned? Well, a subsequent post was targeted at women as China approaches a Valentine’s Day-equivalent celebration, which encouraged ladies to “go to the beach and find a boyfriend”.
Again, causing an outcry from fans who saw it as disrespectful, not very Wonder Woman, and kicking off a response to “go to the beach and skip the movie”.
Both posts have since been pulled due to the backlash….
- Hunt for Suspected Murderer of Francis Manapul’s Sister-in-Law, Tess Richey, in Toronto - December 11, 2017
- Jeremy Bastian Gets Positively Biblical with Second Judas Variant Cover - December 11, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con Settled with Mormon Church Companies 2 Years Ago - December 11, 2017
- Marvel Liquidates Almost Another 200 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – S to Z - December 11, 2017
- DC Comics Liquidates Another 300 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – Mostly Vertigo - December 11, 2017