Robin Wright is a legend in her own right but she’s joining the DC universe next month in Wonder Woman. While at the Cannes Film Festival and taking part in a series called “Women in Motion” the interviewer asked Wright if she’s seen the movie yet. She says she has and he asked what she can tell us. She laughs before crossing her wrists and saying “wonder woman” like the TV show with a bright smile.
“It’s so cool. What’s really great about it is, it sounds really cheesy and Hallmark card with all the platitudes that we see on the wall, but this movie is… yes it’s a female superhero and it’s never been done before. The generation, the young girls and the young boys that we’re talking about [and] that are going to be our future, they’re going to flock to the cinema. The message of this movie is not just female empowerment; it’s about love and justice. That’s what the film’s about and what a great message to spread to our little ones.”
It’s fantastic when actors realize how important these characters can be to the next generation. It’s also wonderful that Wright doesn’t say Wonder Woman is just a role model for girls but for boys as well.
Summary: Before she was Wonder Woman she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained warrior. When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, she leaves home to fight a war to end all wars, discovering her full powers and true destiny.
Wonder Woman will be released on June 2, 2017
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: Fist Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: The Return of Wilson Fisk Featurette - October 17, 2018
- Demián Bichir Has Entered Negotiations to Star in Godzilla vs. Kong - October 17, 2018
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Wraps as Tom Holland Shares Some Images - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: New Poster Teases Matt Murdock’s Internal Conflict - October 17, 2018