Niantic Labs and The Pokemon Company seem to be ramping up their marketing for the summer. We’ve got kids clothing lines, exclusive toy licensing, and now Pokemon Go has made it to Instagram. Their fist Insta post was about the Adventure Week event that started today and that seems to be their only contribution to the social media site so far.
I get it, the kids love Pokemon Go and they also love Instagram, so why not combine them? It makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint, but it’s also kind of hilarious when you consider that the game is basically built for Instagram. How many photos of Pokemon appearing in weird places have you seen on social media? Thousands, probably.
And yet, it’s taken them until now to get the game an official Instagram? Damn. Looks like someone needs to hire some more millennials.
This just seems to fall completely in line with early criticisms of the game. Many players were upset with the lack of communication between the dev team, support team, and the players. While the game shortly got itself Facebook and Twitter accounts, the damage was already done. And while we now have dedicated PokeGo pages, and they’ve got a real reddit presence, it seems a little bit like this should have been thought of earlier.
You know, maybe around launch time.
In any case, the game has finally hit Instagram, so congrats guys. You made it to the elite four of social media in 2017.
- Your Next 'Pokémon GO' Event? Fire & Ice!
- Man Who Struck 'Pokémon GO' Player Receives Seven Years In Prison
- 'PokéLand' Launches On Mobile To Continue The 'Pokémon Rumble' Series
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018