Add this one to the vault of things Nintendo removed from their games as the latest Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update removes a hand gesture replaces a victory gesture Which one? This one you see below which will now be preserved for all of eternity online because Nintendo made a big deal out of it!
That’s the Splatoon Inkling Girl’s victory pose as she skeets around the track, raising one arm up as a fist bump while the other is holding her flexing bicep. Totally cool, right? Well, it got removed because Nintendo received complaints about it looking like the “Italian salute,” which is basically a much more aggressive way to flip people off. So the 1.1 update to the game that got released this week had the note that “Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted,” to this:
The subtle change is that she’s now no longer holding her bicep. There are some other fixes in the update, but none that got as much attention from gamers as this. Nintendo has, shall we say, a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong history of taking out material that offends people. Like removing crosses from gravestones, giving Ness in Earthbound pajamas instead of being nude in bed, or adding additional clothing to Final Fantasy sprites. You can read all about these fixes in the Legends Of Localization website. Looks like they got another entry to add.
- Nintendo Post The 135 Page 'Earthbound' Guide For The Super NES Classic Edition
- Check Out This Footage Of 'Mario Kart Arcade GP' In A VR Arcade
- More News & Rumors Being Leaked Online About The 'Mario + Rabbids' Game
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia To Hit North America - January 16, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Expansion “The Hidden Ones” Coming Next Week - January 16, 2018
- Capcom Releases A Launch Trailer & Intro Video For Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition - January 16, 2018
- WWE 2K18 Receives A New “Enduring Icons” Pack Today - January 16, 2018
- Jeff Kaplan Says Overwatch’s Next Hero Is “Meta Changing” - January 16, 2018