Big giant famous monsters will forever be alive in Hollywood, whether in the classic film memories or in reboots. Just within the last three years, we’ve gotten a new Godzilla, AND a new King Kong. If you didn’t see Kong, you missed out! Especially since it ties into the upcoming Godzilla film.
It was announced today that Daddy Lannister, Charles Dance from HBO’s Game of Thrones, has joined the cast of writer/director Michael Dougherty‘s Godzilla: King Of The Monsters. You may have seen him in such notable films as Alien 3 (where he gets killed by a xenomorph), Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, Underworld: Awakening, and Dracula: Untold.
Very little is known about the “King Of The Monsters” project, aside from the fact that it fits in with Legendary/Warner Brothers plans to have Godzilla and Kong face off in the 2020 slated Godzilla vs Kong. Michael Dougherty (Krampus) is co-writing the script with Zach Shields (Krampus) and Max Borenstein (Godzilla 2014, Kong: Skull Island).
Dance joins previously announced cast list including Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things), Vera Farmiga (Bates Motel), Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights), Ken Watanabe (Inception), Sally Hawkins (who will be reprising her role of Dr Vivienne Graham from ’14’s Godzilla), Aisha Hinds (Underground) and O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Straight Outta Compton).
Godzilla: King Of The Monsters is set to hit theaters March 22nd 2019.
- 'Godzilla: King Of The Monsters' Director Tweets Call Sheet Listing Mothra, Rodan, And King Ghidorah
- 'Godzilla: King Of The Monsters' Casts Bradley Whitford
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ Gets New Poster, Trailer TOMORROW! - December 9, 2018
- NASA Gives Marvel Studios Advice on Rescuing Tony Stark - December 9, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Ralph’ Still on Top, ‘Aquaman’ Rules China - December 9, 2018
- ‘Doctor Who’ New Year’s Day Title Revealed: “Resolution” - December 8, 2018
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Sets 24 Hour Trailer Record with 289 Million Views - December 8, 2018