If you are a child of the 80s, chances are Jim Henson and his creations are a HUGE part of your memory. One of the darkest titles Jim and Brian Froud ever tackled was The Dark Crystal, the ground breaking puppet masterpiece of high fantasy and hope. Rumors have been swirling over the past few years that we’d be seeing something new in the Crystal world, stories about an animated series maybe, or perhaps another film never really going away.
Today it was announced by Netflix that the media streaming service is developing a 10 episode prequel series called The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. Director Louis Leterrier (Now You See Me, The Incredible Hulk) will executive produce and direct the series, along with the Jim Henson Company and executive producer Letterier, Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford. Longtime Henson collaborator Rita Peruggi will serve as producer and Henson’s Blanca Lista will serve as a co-executive producer. Leading the writing are co-executive producers Jeffrey Addiss and Will Matthews (Life in a Year), and Javier Grillo-Marxuach (Lost, The 100)
Netflix released a teaser trailer today:
“The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance will combine the art of puppetry perfected by The Jim Henson Company, with Louis’ vision, powerful storytelling and a mix of cutting-edge digital imagery and visual effects,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content at Netflix. “I can’t wait for families around the world to see how we bring these unique characters to life.”
No word on when we’ll see this fabulous series, but we’re completely going Fizgig over here in excitement!
- Netflix Cancels The Get Down After One Season
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Premiere: One Trek Fan’s Experience - September 21, 2017
- Riverdale’s K.J. Apa Involved In Late-Night Car Crash - September 21, 2017
- FOR REAL THIS TIME, The New “Tomb Raider” Trailer Hits - September 20, 2017
- Tomb Raider Trailer Gets Released Prematurely By Cast Member - September 19, 2017
- The Raid Continues! ‘Vikings’ Renewed For 6th Season - September 12, 2017