We’d just been writing the other day about the fact that Hiroaki Samura’s manga to live-action adaptation of his Blade of the Immortal had scored an upcoming American release by way of Magnet Releasing (the genre division of Magnolia Pictures). Now we’re back on the topic once again, and this time it’s with the first English-language version of the trailer.
Sure, we know that many fans will prefer to stick with the original language with subtitles, but for others who might prefer their films in English, this one’s for you.
The story follows Manji, a highly skilled samurai, becomes cursed with immortality after a legendary battle. Haunted by the brutal murder of his sister, Manji knows that only fighting evil will regain his soul. He promises to help a young girl named Rin avenge her parents, who were killed by a group of master swordsmen led by ruthless warrior Anotsu. He can only be released from the curse by killing 100 evil men.
Blade also marks the 100th film by director Takashi Miike.
- Look! It Moves! – The Manga for Decluttering Your Life
- Skybound’s “Wheel Of Awesome” Shatters The Entertainment Business Model - August 15, 2017
- The Twitterverse Responds To White Supremacist Protests In Charlottesville - August 12, 2017
- Studio Ghibli And Visionary Director Hayao Miyazaki Coming Out Of Retirement For New Film - August 12, 2017
- Annabelle: Creation Review – One Of The Best Horror Franchise Sequels In Years - August 11, 2017
- ‘It’: Latest Images Of Pennywise And The Losers Club - August 11, 2017