We’d just been writing the other day about the fact that Hiroaki Samura’s manga to live-action adaptation of his Blade of the Immortal had scored an upcoming American release by way of Magnet Releasing (the genre division of Magnolia Pictures). Now we’re back on the topic once again, and this time it’s with the first English-language version of the trailer.
Sure, we know that many fans will prefer to stick with the original language with subtitles, but for others who might prefer their films in English, this one’s for you.
The story follows Manji, a highly skilled samurai, becomes cursed with immortality after a legendary battle. Haunted by the brutal murder of his sister, Manji knows that only fighting evil will regain his soul. He promises to help a young girl named Rin avenge her parents, who were killed by a group of master swordsmen led by ruthless warrior Anotsu. He can only be released from the curse by killing 100 evil men.
Blade also marks the 100th film by director Takashi Miike.
- 19 Dead, Around Injured In Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert At Manchester Arena, Treated As A Terrorist Incident - May 22, 2017
- Review: Finally, The Return Of Twin Peaks, With All Of The Wonderful Frustration That Goes With It - May 22, 2017
- Recapping American Gods Episode 4, Git Gone: “There’s Nothing To Believe. Trust Me. I’ve Looked.” - May 21, 2017
- We’ll Be Live-Blogging The Twin Peaks Premiere - May 21, 2017
- Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 Was Headed Towards A Female Villain, Until Johnny Depp Squashed It - May 21, 2017