An interesting tidbit out this morning ahead of CW’s upfront presentation today: Black Lighting is not part of the same shared universe as the rest of the CW Superhero series. The reason is simple, according to CW President Mark Pedowitz: Black Lightning will be filmed in Atlanta, while the other four shows are filmed in Vancouver. I’m going to presume that when reporters get a chance to question Pedowitz later today, someone will remind him that some of those characters can fly. More on that and other CW doings later today, I have little doubt.
CW chief Mark Pedowitz revealed to reporters on Thursday morning ahead of the network’s upfront presentation that Black Lightning does not take place in the Arrowverse — the same shared universe that the other four series call home. Couple that with the fact that Black Lightning films in Atlanta, while the rest of the shows film in Vancouver, and it’s basically a logistical nightmare. Black Lightning is also slated to debut in midseason, not in the fall.
“We do not aim to do a five-way crossover,” Pedowitz said. “Black Lightning, at this time, is not part of the Arrowverse. It is a separate situation. But there will be a big fourth quarter crossover with all four of the shows that are on in the fall.”
- The Next Arrowverse Crossover Will Up The Emotional Stakes
- Cast Of The CW's 'Black Lightning' Talks Season One
- Paramount Pictures Presentation Live Blog at CinemaCon - April 25, 2018
- Universal Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon - April 25, 2018
- Warner Bros Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon - April 24, 2018
- Deadpool 2: New Cable, Domino, and Deadpool Posters from Cinemacon - April 23, 2018
- Another Take on The Hollywood Reporter Piece on Stan Lee’s Situation #StandByStan - April 10, 2018