Fans of the 2012 reboot film Judge Dredd have been patiently waiting for news of a continuation of the franchise. I mean yes, we officially got a canonical comic release, but like, LIVE ACTION guys.
It was confirmed earlier this month that a live action tv series was in development, Judge Dredd: Mega City One. Which of course in turn started the hopeful rumor mill of possibly seeing Karl Urban‘s scowl once again.
2000 AD Thrill-Cast just released this episode with guests producer Brian Jenkins, and executive producers Jason Kingsley and Mark Stern where the big ol Urban question was asked. You can listen to the entire thing, or scroll down for the main gist:
“There’s always a possibility he will be busy, or that his schedule for other movies won’t allow- Basically, we don’t know at this stage,” Jenkins said about the question.
“We have had many conversations prior to this, about all sorts of things. He’s also very busy, a full-time professional actor. So we’re going to have some long and complicated conversations I would imagine, and we’ll see where we go. It’s too early to tell yet, but if we can use him and he’s available to us, then I think that would be absolutely brilliant.
This sounds pretty darn hopeful, and not outside the realm of possibility.
The Judge Dredd comic was created by writer John Wagner and artist Carlos Ezquerra in 1977 and first appeared in the British science fiction anthology comic 2000 AD, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, probably prompting the tv series announcement.
No word yet on who will be developing the series, or what platform we’ll be seeing it on.
- Anderson: The Deep End Review - The Comic Book Sequel To The Dredd Film
- Judge Anderson's Dredd Movie Sequel Comic, Out In Two Weeks
- Judge Dredd Live Action Series In Development
- New Captain Picard ‘Star Trek’ Series Will Film in California - December 10, 2018
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ Gets New Poster, Trailer TOMORROW! - December 9, 2018
- NASA Gives Marvel Studios Advice on Rescuing Tony Stark - December 9, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Ralph’ Still on Top, ‘Aquaman’ Rules China - December 9, 2018
- ‘Doctor Who’ New Year’s Day Title Revealed: “Resolution” - December 8, 2018