One upon a time, trailers had a very different vibe to them. It’s the kind of thing to wax nostalgic about for those of us old enough to remember what it was like to have to record them when they showed up on TV with our handy-dandy VHS and Betamax video recorders.
The always-funny folks over at ScreenCrush have re-edited the trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi to give it that feel for what the
Revenge Return of the Jedi trailer was like (actually it’s more like Star wars trailer, back before it was Episode IV, or A New Hope).
With a bit of gran, static, and a handful of token throwback clips to the other films, and you’ve got something that would definitely have fit right in between films at the local drive-in.
So, while we await the next trailer drop from
Lucasfilm Disney, check out what us old farts had to endure for trailers back in The Olden Days™.
The Last Jedi will release later this year on December 15, and stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleason, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Lupita N’Yongo, Anthony Daniels and Laura Dern.
Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman are producing and executive producing are J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Benicio Del Toro And Laura Dern Characters Revealed
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Four New Vanity Fair Cover Images Give Us A Good Look At Characters And Cast
- Rian Johnson Approves Of 8-Bit Version Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer
- Rian Johnson Asked J.J. Abrams To "Do Him A Solid" And Change The Ending Of The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Battlefront II Is The First To Spoil Something From The Last Jedi
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure Review: Actually, It’s Better Than the First Two - January 20, 2018
- How MoviePass Will Let You See 365 Movies a Year for $90, and Why Theater Chains Are Furious About It - January 2, 2018
- 2017 Film Countdown #1: From Arrival to Blade Runner 2049, The Dune Reboot Found its Director - December 31, 2017
- 2017 TV Countdown #1: Fandom Loses Richard Hatch, Star of Battlestar Galactica - December 31, 2017
- Black Mirror Outdoes Both Star Trek and The Orville with USS Callister - December 31, 2017