Nintendo sent out a press release this morning ahead of their Nintendo Direct presentation happening this afternoon, announcing that the Nintendo Switch was the best selling console for April 2017 and that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe claimed the #1 spot on the video games seller list for the month as well.
Citing a report from the NPD Group, who track video game sales in the United States, the Switch (280k units) and the 3DS (68k units) made up over half the consoles sold in the country during April, making Nintendo the biggest seller in hardware last month. That made Nintendo the biggest seller of games and hardware two months straight. Let’s see how the company fairs in May now that the buzz has worn off.
- More News & Rumors Being Leaked Online About The 'Mario + Rabbids' Game
- Nintendo Quietly Delivers The Ban Hammer On 3DS Hackers & Mods
- Russian YouTubers Make A Better Nintendo Switch Ad Than Nintendo
- Enplex Games Announces New Survival MMO Game Population Zero - December 11, 2018
- WBIE Will Relaunch MK Kollective to Prepare for Mortal Kombat 11 - December 11, 2018
- Review: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Gear by JINX - December 11, 2018
- Overwatch Launches Winter Wonderland with New Updates - December 11, 2018
- Fortnite Adds Swords to the Game in Latest Patch - December 11, 2018