Those who enjoy The Witcher series of book and games can get excited as Netflix will be producing a series based on the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski. Sapkowski, who isn’t making any money off the games, will serve as a creative consultant on the series, stating “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories.”
Netflix put out a full press release today with Sapkowski saying that they would be “staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing.” Tomas Baginski, who was involved with the games, will be directing at least one of the episodes each season, while the show will be produced by Polish company Platige Image. This is awesome news for those who loved the series before it was transferred to gaming consoles, and it’s nice to know that the adaptation won’t lose much from the source material with the people involved. Of course, there’s no release date for the series, so best guess is late 2018 provided they start shooting this year and save it for the “witching season” in October.
- Netflix's 'The Witcher' Series Gets Writer, Showrunner
- We Get to See the Expanded World of Dynasty Warriors 9 in New Trailer - December 15, 2017
- THQ Nordic Gives a Better Look at Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition - December 15, 2017
- Lost Soul Aside Gets a Gameplay Trailer Via PSX - December 15, 2017
- Bandai Namco Release Miki Hoshii Trailer for The Idolmaster: Stella Stage - December 15, 2017
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Gets a Story Trailer - December 15, 2017