The Fast and Furious movies have made over $5 billion dollars worldwide and they have plans to make two more. This is not surprising nor was it surprising when a spin-off was announced that would star Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham. The fact that it took them eight movies to come up with a spin-off actually shows some admirable restraint but it appears that they have realized the kind of star presence Johnson has and his dynamic with Statham was one of the best parts of The Fate of the Furious.
Johnson is currently out and about for Baywatch and a reporter for Fandango asked Johnson about it. He was originally a little reluctant but she pushes him by saying he should flex his pec if it’s happening.
So, Johnson flexed his pec.
What a seriously endearing man. Not an actual confirmation but still very amusing nonetheless and I appreciate that he was willing to play along with the request. He did comment on the matter while flexing his pec.
“It’s an exciting time for us over there with the Fast and Furious movies because the goal over there, speaking as a producer, is to build out the universe and really give something back to the fans that they like,” he said. “I will say this – we never anticipated the chemistry that Jason [Statham] and I would have. Now Jason and I love each other – we’re really good buddies. But putting us in those scenarios where we were feeding off each other’s jokes was just amazing. That chemistry really blossomed on-screen, and it informed us as to where we will go next.”
Johnson seems to realize a winning formula when he sees it and the idea of “building a universe” is an interesting way to word that response. We know that they have a ninth and tenth movie planned but it sounds like this gravy train isn’t ending anytime soon.
- Is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Whose Patronus Is A Silverback, Angling For A Role In The Fantastic Beasts Franchise?
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018