One of our favorite people from Ronald D. Moore’s re-imagined Battlestar Galactica will be returning to the Syfy channel this fall in their upcoming paranormal-themed dramatic series, Ghost Wars. Kandyse McClure, who played Lt. Dualla in the award-winning science fiction series, has signed onto Ghost Wars as a series regular.
The series is set in an Alaskan town over-run by paranormal forces. The story will chronicle Roman Mercer (Avan Jogia) who must overcome the town’s prejudices and his own personal demons if he’s to harness his suppressed psychic powers and save everyone from the paranormal entities that are threatening to destroy the town and it’s inhabitants.
The series is being created by Continuum and Van Helsing’s Simon Barry and will serve as its showrunner. He said:
Ghost Wars is not just a contemporary homage to classic psychological horror, it’s also an opportunity to tell stories about human politics and how we shape our beliefs and lives based on our individual perspectives and biases. Science, Humanism, Religion and the Paranormal all get a seat at the table. I’m grateful that co-producers Chad Oakes and Mike Frislev have assembled such a wealth of talent, both in front of and behind the camera, to hopefully elevate this genre series beyond expectations.
David Von Ancken will direct the pilot; other episode’s directors will include Leslie Hope, Michael Nankin, Mathias Herdndl, and Jason Priestley.
- SyFy Rebrands (Again) And Officially Greenlights Superman Prequel Series Krypton
- Syfy To Develope George R R Martin Novella Nightflyers
- 'Ghost Wars' Starring Vincent D'Onofrio And Kim Coates Heads To Syfy
- The Magicians Get A Third Season From Syfy
- SDCC: Celebrating Adam West And What He Meant To Me - July 21, 2017
- A WOO! Moment At SDCC 2017 With The Nature Boy Ric Flair - July 21, 2017
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Getting A Remaster For Its 25th Anniversary - July 21, 2017
- Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets Review: It’s Amazing, But With Caveats - July 21, 2017
- Dunkirk Review: A Masterpiece In Simple Elegance - July 21, 2017