One of our favorite people from Ronald D. Moore’s re-imagined Battlestar Galactica will be returning to the Syfy channel this fall in their upcoming paranormal-themed dramatic series, Ghost Wars. Kandyse McClure, who played Lt. Dualla in the award-winning science fiction series, has signed onto Ghost Wars as a series regular.
The series is set in an Alaskan town over-run by paranormal forces. The story will chronicle Roman Mercer (Avan Jogia) who must overcome the town’s prejudices and his own personal demons if he’s to harness his suppressed psychic powers and save everyone from the paranormal entities that are threatening to destroy the town and it’s inhabitants.
The series is being created by Continuum and Van Helsing’s Simon Barry and will serve as its showrunner. He said:
Ghost Wars is not just a contemporary homage to classic psychological horror, it’s also an opportunity to tell stories about human politics and how we shape our beliefs and lives based on our individual perspectives and biases. Science, Humanism, Religion and the Paranormal all get a seat at the table. I’m grateful that co-producers Chad Oakes and Mike Frislev have assembled such a wealth of talent, both in front of and behind the camera, to hopefully elevate this genre series beyond expectations.
David Von Ancken will direct the pilot; other episode’s directors will include Leslie Hope, Michael Nankin, Mathias Herdndl, and Jason Priestley.
- SyFy Rebrands (Again) And Officially Greenlights Superman Prequel Series Krypton
- Syfy To Develope George R R Martin Novella Nightflyers
- 'Ghost Wars' Starring Vincent D'Onofrio And Kim Coates Heads To Syfy
- The Magicians Get A Third Season From Syfy
- The Disaster Artist Review: Trying To Make Sense Of A Mystery - November 17, 2017
- Justice League Review: Warner Bros. Finally Achieves Some Justice - November 17, 2017
- The Grand Dame Of Dish, Gossip Columnist Liz Smith, Dead At 94 - November 12, 2017
- Murder On The Orient Express Review: Solid, But Shows Its Age - November 10, 2017
- The Gifted: Jermaine Rivers Bought A Bat After Landing Shatter Role - November 8, 2017