The first trailer for the upcoming serial killer search show The Alienist from TNT just hit, and it looks pretty great:
The series is based on a novel of same name by author Caleb Carr, and the majority of the action takes place in 1896 after a series of gruesome murders take the lives of several boy prostitutes. Hot shot police officer Teddy Roosevelt (yes, really) calls upon Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, a criminal psychologist (alienist) and newspaper illustrator John Moore to conduct the investigation in secret. They are joined by a secretary from the police headquarters, Sara Howard.
The cast list is the interesting thing here, including such notable names as Luke Evans (Beauty And The Beast), Dakota Fanning (The Runaways), Daniel Bruhl (Captain America: Civil War), and Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings) as Police Commissioner Teddy Roosevelt.
The series is currently shooting in Budapest with director Jakob Verbruggen (Black Mirror) in the hot seat. Also on board to fill out the cast list are Douglas Smith (Miss Sloane), Matthew Shear (Mistress America), Matt Lintz (Pixels), Robert Wisdom (The Wire) and Q’orianka Kilcher (The New World).
The Alienist is set to premiere sometime in late 2017 on TNT.
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018