Everytime I head up to Douch Moench‘s house, I know I’m in for a treat. Rich and I have gone up a handful of times to visit, and frankly it’s one of the few comic book related things I look forward too.
Doug is a fascinating man; he has countless stories about nearly everyone in the industry, and his house is stunning. Sitting in a picturesque part of Pennsylvania, his house is home to thousands of books. You could honestly spend weeks–if not months–inside of his house reading everything. Of course I can’t ignore the fact that he also created Moon Knight and Bane, and wrote countless Batman stories. He seldom (if ever) does convention appearances, or appearances in general. He once remarked that he went to a showing of Batman & Robin to do a signing at a theater, and almost no one knew who he was.
The last time he was at New York Comic Con is also and interesting story. He went last minute, unannounced, and by the time people caught on that he was signing at the DC booth, he was on his way out.
All that said, he is a really nice guy. His wife is just as sweet, and I sincerely love visiting them with Rich. We did a Barzinga with him the a few days ago, and honestly we could have probably spent hours recording his stories. They’re all good. But we did get one that proves that there is such a thing as true love.
- Comics Make Up The Menu At Chicago Rooftop Bar
- Barzinga At The Five Points Festival: Beer! Toys! Comics!
- Nerd Food: Alice in Wonderland Brew from Pureblend Tea - March 22, 2018
- Nerd Food: This Lady and the Tramp Bento Box is Too Cute! - March 22, 2018
- Nerd Food: Okonomiyaki Taro Japanese Snacks - March 22, 2018
- Can’t Make it to a Disney Park for a RunDisney Race? Run a Virtual One! - March 22, 2018
- These New Pandora Beads Are Perfect for Your Disney Charm Bracelet - March 22, 2018