For most actors, starring in a movie of the caliber of Joel Shumacher’s Batman & Robin would be enough bad superhero movies for a lifetime. Chris O’Donnell hasn’t sought a role in a comic book company’s cinematic universe. Uma Thurman only did My Super Ex-Girlfriend to exorcise the demon of Batman & Robin. George Clooney wouldn’t even think about wearing rubber nipples again, at least not in public. But for the best and bravest of actors, not even a film that put the Batman franchise on ice for almost a decade will keep from taking a massive paycheck to star in a hugely successful series of movies.
Take Arnold Schwarzenegger, for instance, who recently said he would be willing to play a superhero or villain in a comic book movie. “If it’s Batman or Batman and Robin, or X-Men or Spider-Man — all of them,” Arnold said back in April, revealing that he is not adverse to being paid millions of dollars by DC, Fox, or Marvel to star in their superhero universes. “Yes, of course I would.”
And now, Alicia Silverstone has thrown her cowl into the ring, offering to reprise her role as Batgirl from the infamous 1997 movie in an interview with USA Today.
“I feel like I could do a much better Batgirl now than I did then,” Silverstone said. “It would be fun to tackle it again because I’m older and my acting is better. I know I would bring so much more to it. I was just a baby. It was a different thing. But I had fun back then. And I think it would be fun to do it again.”
“I’m open to anything, whatever people bring to me and whatever the best choice is for that time,” she added later.
With Joss Whedon rumored to be working on a Batgirl film, provided he didn’t blow his chance on Twitter, Silverstone might get a chance to change her superhero movie legacy. Would you like to see it happen?
- Gerry Conway Calls Out DC, Geoff Johns for Failing to Credit Comic Creators on Titans - October 13, 2018
- Chelsea Cain Responds to Chuck Wendig’s Marvel Firing With One Word: Union - October 13, 2018
- Traitor! The Beast Sells Out in Astonishing X-Men #16 - October 12, 2018
- Curt Pires and Antonio Fuso Blend James Bond and The X-Files in Wyrd - October 12, 2018
- Dark Horse Goes Fishing For Dollars With Troy Nixey’s Trout Collection - October 12, 2018