Earlier this month it was reported that fan favorite family sitcom Roseanne was returning for some type of revival with the original cast. The announcement was met with lots of chatter, mostly from fans asking the question “which Becky though?”.
Today Deadline confirmed that Roseanne has gotten an eight-episode reboot order from ABC. Original cast Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) are currently all slated to return to the family. Sarah Chalke (who played Becky later in the first series) will also appear in the revival, but in another role.
“The Conners’ joys and struggles are as relevant – and hilarious – today as they were then, and there’s really no one better to comment on our modern America than Roseanne,” said ABC Entertainment chief Channing Dungey.
Roseanne is set to hit sometime in 2018 during the mid-season (summer?) schedule.
- Oh, So That's How ABC's Roseanne Series Is Going To Resurrect John Goodman's Dead Character
- New Halloween Movie Will Have John Carpenter Score, New Details Emerge - October 19, 2017
- Kevin Smith Will Donate All TWC Residuals To ‘Women In Film’ Non Profit - October 18, 2017
- Ron Howard Reveals The Official Han Solo Movie Title - October 17, 2017
- Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy Calls For Industry-Wide Commission To Combat Harassment And Abuse - October 17, 2017
- 80 Original Netflix Films On Slate For 2018 Release - October 16, 2017