Earlier this month it was reported that fan favorite family sitcom Roseanne was returning for some type of revival with the original cast. The announcement was met with lots of chatter, mostly from fans asking the question “which Becky though?”.
Today Deadline confirmed that Roseanne has gotten an eight-episode reboot order from ABC. Original cast Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) are currently all slated to return to the family. Sarah Chalke (who played Becky later in the first series) will also appear in the revival, but in another role.
“The Conners’ joys and struggles are as relevant – and hilarious – today as they were then, and there’s really no one better to comment on our modern America than Roseanne,” said ABC Entertainment chief Channing Dungey.
Roseanne is set to hit sometime in 2018 during the mid-season (summer?) schedule.
- Oh, So That's How ABC's Roseanne Series Is Going To Resurrect John Goodman's Dead Character
- Danny McBride is Brian, Son Of Crocodile Dundee In New Film - January 19, 2018
- Former Apple, Samsung Exec to Head Disney’s Streaming Netflix-Competing Service - January 19, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s ‘Mute’ Film Gets a Release Date from Netflix - January 19, 2018
- Fortune and Glory, Kid: Spielberg Eyeing Indiana Jones 5 to Direct Next - January 19, 2018
- Chad Stahelski Will Be Coming Back to Direct John Wick 3 - January 19, 2018