MLB The Show released back in March to a generally positive reception, but server issues have prevented many players from fully enjoying the game at launch. So, in an attempt to make amends for the game’s launch issues San Diego Studios have announced that they will be rewarding all early adopters of the game with a large sum of in-game currency.
According to their statement on The Show Nation website, the developers have been working nonstop to repair the game’s online experience. A number of changes have been made, and the developers feel that the online experience has been greatly improved. However San Diego Studios still regret the struggle the fans experienced over the last month and a half, and will be offering a care package to qualifying players.
Their statement reads, in part, “we take pride in developing and delivering an excellent gaming experience every year for our fans. This year is no different. Unfortunately, we’re less than happy with unexpected server issues that have accompanied the launch of MLB The Show 17 and know you are too – for this we apologize.” And I’ve got to say, they’ve picked up quite a few points from me because of that straightforward apology. No hedging or dodging, just simple “we screwed up, we’re sorry.”
That “forgive us” bribe package will include 10 Standard Packs and 11,000 Stubs, which should help players catch up on any lost progress as a result of the server problems. This in-game currency will be added automatically to the account of anyone who played the game between March 28 and May 11.
Our own Jeremy Konrad tackled the review for MLB The Show 17 and said:
I have not played a baseball game in like ten years, but after the playoffs and World Series last year, I fell in love with baseball all over again. So after years of hearing about how great each iteration of MLBThe Show is better than the last, I decided that to celebrate Opening Day this year I would get the game. And boy let me tell you: I am so glad I did.
You can read his full review here.
- MLB The Show 18 Will Introduce "Retro Mode" To The Game
- Gran Turismo Sport Is Getting 12 New Cars Next Week - February 24, 2018
- Arc System Works Will be Patching Dragon Ball FighterZ’s Online Bugs - February 23, 2018
- More Details Emerge for the Western Release of Shining Resonance: Refrain - February 23, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII’s Multiplayer Will Be Available for Free on PC This Weekend - February 23, 2018
- The Ghosts of Pharaohs Past Will Haunt You in Second AC: Origins DLC Expansion - February 23, 2018