Codemasters released a new DiRT 4 trailer/dev diary where professional rally and rallycross drivers Kris Meeke, double world champion Petter Solberg, and even the Hansen brothers talk about how they compete against fear as they push to go faster and finish on the top step of the podium. Because that’s the kind of thing that sells you a video game about rallycross, right? It doesn’t help that DiRT 4‘s tagline is “Be Fearless” and that the logo just irks me because of that lowercase i.
DiRT 4 may put you at the wheel of some of the world’s most iconic and powerful off-road vehicles as you test yourself against the road and the elements in a battle against the clock, but it also includes multicar racing in rallycross and landrush where you will have to be brave and fast in order to take that checkered flag.
Kris Meeke, who worked as a handling consultant on DiRT 4 commented: “You have to forget about the fear factor. It’s purely about winning or losing. That’s the real special element in rally.”
Two time FIA World Rallycross champion and DiRT 4 handling consultant Petter Solberg said: “If you believe in yourself a lot, you know you will jump in the car again and be fast… I won three races in a row after probably the biggest ever accident in rally. It’s about how much you want it!”
Featuring two different handling models, Gamer and Simulation, DiRT 4 offers both depth and accessibility for players old and new to the franchise. And the game’s Your Stage system allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique rally stages with a flick of a few fingers.
You can watch the latest trailer below. But honestly, could they have come up with a worse tagline?
- Dirt 4 Broke Out The Subaru WRX In The Latest Trailer
- Dauntless Has a New Opening Cinematic in Time for the Open Beta - May 22, 2018
- Earthfall Will Release for PC and Consoles this July - May 22, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 4.3 is Live with New Raids, Dungeons, and PvP Updates - May 22, 2018
- Activision Blizzard Announces Overwatch LEGO at Licensing Expo 2018 - May 22, 2018
- Destiny 2 Brings Back the Bannerfall Map for Season 3’s First Iron Banner - May 22, 2018