We’ve previously written about the various properties inspired by the horror master-scribe Stephen King that are coming out this year, including the eagerly awaited film adaptations of The Dark Tower, It, and Gerald’s Game, and Spike TV’s The Mist (which we’re not really sure if anyone was asking to be remade after the 2007 theatrical version). Now we’ve got one more appearing on the horizon: AT&T’s AUDIENCE Network has been quietly developing King’s 2014 Mr. Mercedes into a series.
The network description characterizes the series as being about:
“Mr. Mercedes” follows a demented killer Brady Hartsfield (Harry Treadaway) who taunts a retired police detective Bill Hodges (Brendan Gleeson) with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again.
King describes Mr. Mercedes as his first hard-boiled detective tale. Shortly after the release of the novel, King announced that the book is actually be first of a projected trilogy.
Co-developed by Boston Legal and Doogie Howser creator David E. Kelley and Jack Bender (Last Ship, Lost), the cast includes Kelly Lynch, Jharrel Jerome, Scott Lawrence, Robert Stanton, Breeda Wool, Justine Lupe, Ann Cusack, Mary Louise-Parker and Holland Taylor.
Shortly before the book was published in ’14, King released a teaser trailer of sorts, which has the killer Mercedes writing a note to a retired police detective.
- Netflix Sets Spike Lee 'She's Gotta Have It" Premiere Date, Teaser Trailer
- New Featurettes For Stephen King's 'The Mist' On Spike TV
- Phoenix Comic Fest Convention Center Evacuated in Response to Fire Alarm - May 26, 2018
- Celebrating the Life and Legacy of the Grandfather of Movie Poster Design, Bill Gold - May 24, 2018
- Hollywood Science Fiction Museum CEO Huston Huddleston Indicted on Child Pornography Charges - May 22, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Review: Your Friend With Benefits Who Does That Thing You Like - May 17, 2018
- Date and Location Announced for Star Wars Celebration 2019! - May 16, 2018