Publisher Paradox Interactive has entered a deal with developer Harebrained Schemes to publish the new BattleTech game. Harebrained Schemes raised more than $2.7 million on Kickstarter to back the project, which is going to be the first turn-based strategy entry in the series in over two decades, and this deal should have fans plenty excited.
The team backing the new Battletech is filled with industry veterans including Jordan Weisman, creator of BattleTech and Mech Warrior, Mitch Gitelman, series producer on MechCommander, and Mike McCain, creative director of Shadowrun. The newest entry in the long-lived BattleTech series is currently slated for a 2017 launch on PC.
In a statement accompanying the announcement, Chief Product Officer of Paradox Interactive Johan Sjöberg said, “we couldn’t miss the chance to work with Harebrained Schemes given how big of fans we are of their work on the Shadowrun Returns series. The opportunity to reintroduce our strategy-minded players to the tactical roots of the BattleTech universe makes this partnership even sweeter. We are as excited about BattleTech as the early backers are, and we can’t wait to do our part to bring the game to market.”
For more information on the turn-based BattleTech project, you can check out the Kickstarter campaign here. While the campaign is no longer live, there is the option for fans to back the game still and get in on the rewards action.
You can also check out some early in-engine exploration footage, which is in the video below. Do be warned though, that this video does not contain gameplay for BattleTech.
- Get a Look at Some of the Battletech Cinematics Before Launch
- Battletech Gets an Official Release Date for Late April
- BattleTech Gets a Brand-New Trailer Showing off Gameplay
- Alterac Pass is Live in Heroes of the Storm - June 19, 2018
- 7 New Tracks and Weeny Issi Classic Races Roll Out in GTA Online This Week - June 19, 2018
- Warframe’s New Limbo Prime is Now Available on PC and Console - June 19, 2018
- DeathGarden Enters its Closed Beta Test Phase - June 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII is Getting a Third DLC Expansion Later This Month - June 19, 2018