A sign of things to come as Nintendo have announced they are shutting down the Badge Arcade in Japan, with the final update happening on May 26. No new badges will be added to the system beyond that point, however, the current existing badges will still be rotated through the system.
The company posted this update explaining the reasoning, which stems from the 3DS having storage issues related to the Arcade, as it has now reached its limit. There’s no updated info about North American or European systems, but seeing as how we received our system a full year after Japan got theirs, it’s likely to assume we’re eventually going to see it end here as well. So if you dig the badge system, you got a head start warning, as now is the time to rack them up before they vanish for good.
- Twitch Enables Multiple Extension Use on Their Service - June 19, 2018
- Looking Over ROCCAT’s Latest Keyboard at E3 - June 19, 2018
- Checking Out Fractured Lands by Unbroken Studios in the Indie Cade - June 19, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for June 19-25, 2018 - June 19, 2018
- Nintendo and GameTruck Launch a New Campaign at Select Wal-Mart Stores - June 19, 2018