In a press release sent out yesterday, it was announced that John Shafer, former lead designer for Civilization V, would join Paradox Interactive. The Sweedish developer will be putting him in charge of a new team designing a strategy title for the company.
Beyond what we just wrote, there aren’t a lot of details to scavenge from the PR note. But it does come as a curiosity seeing how Shafer originally left Firaxis Games in 2013 and ended up working at Stardock as part of the team for the Elemental series, and even launched a Kickstarter for his own game called At The Gates. The Kickstarter was fully funded and then some, but the game has sat in its own version of developmental hell as Shafer himself wrote that they would be “taking the scenic route” towards completion. Now that Shafer has much bigger plans on his table, one has to wonder when anyone who funded his game will see it.
- 'Shroud Of The Avatar' Director Richard Garriott Launches New Campaign And Releases Financial Details
- Seasons - If I Only Told One Story Before I Died…
- Strange Brigade Receives an Extended Gameplay Trailer - August 14, 2018
- Relive the Entire Daniel Bryan Saga as a WWE 2K19 Storyline - August 14, 2018
- Patrick Stewart Will Join ‘My Memory of Us’ as the Narrator - August 14, 2018
- Sony Releases a New Launch Trailer for Marvel’s Spider-Man - August 13, 2018
- Necrobarista Reveals PS4 Version and Free Demo on the Way - August 13, 2018