In a press release sent out yesterday, it was announced that John Shafer, former lead designer for Civilization V, would join Paradox Interactive. The Sweedish developer will be putting him in charge of a new team designing a strategy title for the company.
Beyond what we just wrote, there aren’t a lot of details to scavenge from the PR note. But it does come as a curiosity seeing how Shafer originally left Firaxis Games in 2013 and ended up working at Stardock as part of the team for the Elemental series, and even launched a Kickstarter for his own game called At The Gates. The Kickstarter was fully funded and then some, but the game has sat in its own version of developmental hell as Shafer himself wrote that they would be “taking the scenic route” towards completion. Now that Shafer has much bigger plans on his table, one has to wonder when anyone who funded his game will see it.
- Project Scorpio Lets Developers Choose The Frame Rate For Their Games - May 22, 2017
- Blizzard Is Launching A Minor League For ‘Overwatch’ called “Overwatch Contenders” - May 22, 2017
- Well That Looks Disturbing! ‘Far Cry 5’ Trailer Puts Them In Montana - May 22, 2017
- You’re Getting More Legendary Pokémon in ‘Pokémon GO’ This Summer - May 22, 2017
- Show Up, Win In Style, Make Your Flight: “Ally” Wins ‘Smash’ Greninja Saga - May 22, 2017