In a press release sent out yesterday, it was announced that John Shafer, former lead designer for Civilization V, would join Paradox Interactive. The Sweedish developer will be putting him in charge of a new team designing a strategy title for the company.
Beyond what we just wrote, there aren’t a lot of details to scavenge from the PR note. But it does come as a curiosity seeing how Shafer originally left Firaxis Games in 2013 and ended up working at Stardock as part of the team for the Elemental series, and even launched a Kickstarter for his own game called At The Gates. The Kickstarter was fully funded and then some, but the game has sat in its own version of developmental hell as Shafer himself wrote that they would be “taking the scenic route” towards completion. Now that Shafer has much bigger plans on his table, one has to wonder when anyone who funded his game will see it.
- 'Shroud Of The Avatar' Director Richard Garriott Launches New Campaign And Releases Financial Details
- Seasons - If I Only Told One Story Before I Died…
- Sea Of Thieves Experiencing Server Issues on Opening Day - March 20, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Coming to LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Sooner Than Expected - March 20, 2018
- Xbox’s Phil Spencer Says They’re Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros. - March 20, 2018
- Fortress Festoon: Exploring Geeky Jewelry and Watches from ThinkGeek - March 20, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077 - March 20, 2018