In a press release sent out yesterday, it was announced that John Shafer, former lead designer for Civilization V, would join Paradox Interactive. The Sweedish developer will be putting him in charge of a new team designing a strategy title for the company.
Beyond what we just wrote, there aren’t a lot of details to scavenge from the PR note. But it does come as a curiosity seeing how Shafer originally left Firaxis Games in 2013 and ended up working at Stardock as part of the team for the Elemental series, and even launched a Kickstarter for his own game called At The Gates. The Kickstarter was fully funded and then some, but the game has sat in its own version of developmental hell as Shafer himself wrote that they would be “taking the scenic route” towards completion. Now that Shafer has much bigger plans on his table, one has to wonder when anyone who funded his game will see it.
- 'Shroud Of The Avatar' Director Richard Garriott Launches New Campaign And Releases Financial Details
- Seasons - If I Only Told One Story Before I Died…
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018