This one we’re going to classify just as rumor for now, but it is something a bit more substantial than just hearsay. Straight Up Films, who acquired the film rights to Thief from Square Enix last year, revealed that the publisher is working on a fifth Thief game in a blog post describing production of the film.
The important part of that blog post is this bit that says, “widely considered to be one of the greatest games ever created, a fifth sequel is currently in development to be released in step with this motion picture adaptation.”
When asked if they had any comment on the leak, Square Enix denied that they had anything to say about a Thief 5 being in the works. Considering that the Thief reboot that hit in 2014 was generally a major flop for having gameplay that was an utter mess and lacking a combat engine, it isn’t surprising that Square are staying mum on a possible sequel.
- Unique Social Gay RPG Gaydorado Fills an Odd Niche - March 20, 2018
- Elder Dice, Bringing a Bit of Eldritch Horror to All Your Tabletop Games - March 20, 2018
- Halo vs. Larry Niven’s Ringworld — Just How Similar Are They? - March 20, 2018
- Kitty Powers’ Love Life Review: Like The Sims but More Relationship-Focused - March 20, 2018
- Light Tracer Review: A Pretty, Kid-Friendly VR Puzzle Platformer - March 20, 2018