James Dale Cavanaugh, longtime owner of Clint’s Comics in Kansas City, Missouri, has been killed, in a confrontation with a suspected thief. The store has been celebrating its fiftieth anniversary, Cavanagh became owner in 1975.
Local reports have witnesses who report the forty-something suspect stole $20 worth of comic books and was chased by Cavanaugh. That was hit by the car door, as he tried to deal with the suspect in his car, as the car backed out. Cavanagh fell, hit his head and suffered a heart attack. A video news report can be seen here that states that both the thief and Cavanaugh were armed. Cavanagh died later in hospital.
Tributes are being made by family and friends, employees and customers.
Anyone with information about the incident are encouraged to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Will We Get More Wolverine Mini-Series Before an Ongoing? - October 23, 2018