James Dale Cavanaugh, longtime owner of Clint’s Comics in Kansas City, Missouri, has been killed, in a confrontation with a suspected thief. The store has been celebrating its fiftieth anniversary, Cavanagh became owner in 1975.
Local reports have witnesses who report the forty-something suspect stole $20 worth of comic books and was chased by Cavanaugh. That was hit by the car door, as he tried to deal with the suspect in his car, as the car backed out. Cavanagh fell, hit his head and suffered a heart attack. A video news report can be seen here that states that both the thief and Cavanaugh were armed. Cavanagh died later in hospital.
Tributes are being made by family and friends, employees and customers.
Anyone with information about the incident are encouraged to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
- The Rarest Power Rangers Comics Cover Ever? - May 24, 2018
- Tickets Still On Sale For Reed POP’s First MCM London Comic Con, Starting Tomorrow - May 24, 2018
- Doing Alan Moore Justice – Pat Shand on Writing Crossed+100: Mimic - May 23, 2018
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018
- When Wyatt Cenac and Dean Haspiel Created Thorgood - May 23, 2018