James Dale Cavanaugh, longtime owner of Clint’s Comics in Kansas City, Missouri, has been killed, in a confrontation with a suspected thief. The store has been celebrating its fiftieth anniversary, Cavanagh became owner in 1975.
Local reports have witnesses who report the forty-something suspect stole $20 worth of comic books and was chased by Cavanaugh. That was hit by the car door, as he tried to deal with the suspect in his car, as the car backed out. Cavanagh fell, hit his head and suffered a heart attack. A video news report can be seen here that states that both the thief and Cavanaugh were armed. Cavanagh died later in hospital.
Tributes are being made by family and friends, employees and customers.
Anyone with information about the incident are encouraged to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018