James Dale Cavanaugh, longtime owner of Clint’s Comics in Kansas City, Missouri, has been killed, in a confrontation with a suspected thief. The store has been celebrating its fiftieth anniversary, Cavanagh became owner in 1975.
Local reports have witnesses who report the forty-something suspect stole $20 worth of comic books and was chased by Cavanaugh. That was hit by the car door, as he tried to deal with the suspect in his car, as the car backed out. Cavanagh fell, hit his head and suffered a heart attack. A video news report can be seen here that states that both the thief and Cavanaugh were armed. Cavanagh died later in hospital.
Tributes are being made by family and friends, employees and customers.
Anyone with information about the incident are encouraged to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
- Ask For Mercy: A New Comic From Richard Starkings And Abz-J-Harding - September 26, 2017
- Fifteen Big Spoilers For Tomorrow’s Marvel Legacy #1 – In Order Of Spoileriness - September 26, 2017
- What Titan Comics’ Doctor Might Look Like In 2018 - September 26, 2017
- Titan Comics’ Under Gets A Preview – And A James Stokoe’s B&W Cover - September 26, 2017
- Preview: The Spirit Of Will Eisner Newspaper From Sean Phillips, Jonathan Ross, Bryan Hitch, Seth, Ed Brubaker And More - September 26, 2017