James Dale Cavanaugh, longtime owner of Clint’s Comics in Kansas City, Missouri, has been killed, in a confrontation with a suspected thief. The store has been celebrating its fiftieth anniversary, Cavanagh became owner in 1975.
Local reports have witnesses who report the forty-something suspect stole $20 worth of comic books and was chased by Cavanaugh. That was hit by the car door, as he tried to deal with the suspect in his car, as the car backed out. Cavanagh fell, hit his head and suffered a heart attack. A video news report can be seen here that states that both the thief and Cavanaugh were armed. Cavanagh died later in hospital.
Tributes are being made by family and friends, employees and customers.
Anyone with information about the incident are encouraged to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477).
- J. Scott Campbell Art for Upcoming X-Men Black Magneto Comic to Be Announced at San Diego - July 16, 2018
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018