In an interview with Collider, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was asked about the possibility of a return of the Fantastic Four home to Marvel and a Marvel Cinematic Universe outing. It’s a fair question, given that whilst the company that currently owns the film rights 20th Century Fox, though those rights can be complicated at times, enjoy pretty good luck with the X-Men franchise, their attempts with Fantastic Four have been, well….see the above.
Feige, however, seems to suggest that there is still no Marvel’s First Family in the MCU’s future,
No, but I would say there’s not like there’s anything frozen that there needs to be a thaw. There’s no weirdness. It is just very very cut and dry, and they’re doing their thing, and they’re doing it quite well in most regards, and we’re doing our thing.
However, it is interesting that he suggests there’s no frosty ground between the two companies, especially given the long reported rumours of Marvel Comics CEO Ike Perlmutter‘s desire to not see anything Fantastic Four related in the offices or comics while Fox have the rights, that the characters could appear, but not under the Fantastic Four title. But then, Perlmutter and Feige had their own reported falling out.
Also, I think his comments in regards to Fox’s success rate with all the Marvel properties they own is generous to say the least, as they’ve only really achieved success commercially and critically with the X-Men franchise.
His comments would imply that as yet, Fox are still interested in keeping in the Fantastic Four business, and that no discussions of a shared deal like Marvel Studios has with Sony for Spider-Man is on the cards.
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017