One of the main figures behind Microsoft and 343 Industries monolith Halo series has been Dan Ayoub, but this morning it was revealed that Ayoub has left the studio. Ayoub won’t be leaving Microsoft and is moving over to another division within the company, but he has said goodbye to Halo.
The announcement came through a Halo Waypoint blog post that informed fans the Studio Head would be leaving to pursue a passion for education through technology. This has taken him to Mixed Reality, Microsoft’s venture into the VR space that expands upon their HoloLens project. Since the creator of the HoloLens has called the project dead, it’ll be interesting to see what Ayoub brings to the table for Mixed Reality.
Ayoub has worked on Halo titles since Halo: Reach in 2009, and is leaving the future of Halo Wars 2 and its DLC to be carried forward by his team at 343 Industries.
The statement over on the Waypoint blog reads, “Over the years, Dan has helped us work with amazing studios and partners from literally every corner of the globe. They, like us are going to miss him, and Dan wanted us to express his thanks to both those partners, and to all the Halo fans and community who’ve been the fuel and fire that have ignited his passion and ambition, throughout the years.”
We wish Ayoub the best in his new position and are certain he’ll thrive. It will be interesting to see how 343 Industries moves ahead, but they’ve got a solid team in place and have made some rather interesting promises for Halo 6 which we’re excited to see.
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018