CD Projekt Red, creators of The Witcher series, have announced that registrations for the Closed Beta of Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will shut down this weekend. The game will remain active for everyone who redeemed their invite before, or during the weekend, but registration for codes will be over. Until the end of the weekend, gamers can still join the closed beta by signing up on playgwent.com. I took part in the closed beta earlier this year and absolutely enjoyed it, despite the numerous restrictions.
“Throughout Closed Beta, we’ve reworked and added a huge amount of features and mechanics to GWENT. Balance changes, numerous tweaks of how cards work and how the game flows; additional cards, a new faction and ranked play — it was an amazing ride and GWENT’scommunity was with us all the way,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD Projekt Red in a statement about the closed beta. “I’d like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the hours invested,” he added.
The end of Closed Beta registrations is part of the preparations for Gwent’s public open beta test. More information regarding this next stage of testing will be revealed sometime next week. Probably toward the end of the week if I had to guess.
The upcoming weekend will also play host to the Gwent Challenger tournament finals. On May 13th the winners of GWENT Challenger community qualifiers will compete with professional gamers: Jeffrey “Trump” Shih, Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy, Peter “ppd” Dager, and Kacem “Noxious” Khilaji for a piece of the $100,000 prize pool. The finals of GWENT Challenger will be streamed live starting at 3PM CEST on CD Projekt Red’s Twitch channel.
(Last Updated May 12, 2017 5:19 am )
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018