Scott Snyder and Batman seem like inseparable concepts these days, with a lengthy run on Detective Comics, then Batman and now All Star Batman.
Well, it seems this is coming to an end…at least, either for some time or the end of him telling ‘proper’ Batman stories. In an interview with Newsarama, Snyder remarked of All Star Batman #15, his issue with Sean Murphy,
So, yeah… after this arc with All-Star Batman, when I get to the story with Sean – which is the one I’ve been kind of waiting to do for three years or more – that to me very well might be the last Batman story that I do proper Batman for a while. It’s sort of a capstone to a lot of things I’ve been thinking about with him over the years.
It’s almost like a Mad Max Batman story in the future. It’s really nuts, but it connects the continuity.
Of course, this could just mean Snyder will take a break from the character as a main focus, and we may still see him writing Batman in other books, with other characters. Certainly, his upcoming event Metal seems to be involving character from across the DC Universe.
So fret not, I’m sure Scott Snyder won’t be able to stay away from the Dark Knight entirely for long. And in the meantime, we still have the First Ally storyline and the All Star finale to look forward to.
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017