We’ve seen a few details come out since last night’s surprise announcement that there will be a new Hellboy film starring David Harbour (Stranger Things) and directed by Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, The Descent). The working title of the film is Hellboy: Rise Of The Blood Queen, and the script is being written by Andrew Cosby (Eureka), Christopher Golden (author of a few Hellboy-related books, and numerous other books and comics), and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola.
Cosby told Silver Screen Beat:
“I can’t really talk about specifics with regard to the story, which they’re keeping a pretty tight lid on at the moment, but I can say that this is a darker, more gruesome version of Hellboy,” Cosby said. “Neil said from the very beginning that he wanted to walk a razor’s edge between horror and comic book movie, which was music to my ears, because that’s what I was shooting for in the script, and precisely what Mignola does so well with the comics.”
The film is set up at Millennium Films, who in February sold a 51% stake in their company for $100M. Millenium is known for franchises such as The Expendables and Rambo. Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin are in negotiations to produce Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen. Dark Horse’s Mike Richardson will also produce.
- Marvel Games SDCC 2018 Live Blog: Unlimited Future Fight Force Champions - July 19, 2018
- 20th Century Fox SDCC Live Blog - July 19, 2018
- Stan Lee Abduction, Abuse, Theft of $5,000,000 Assets, Scripted Video Threats Alleged In Court Application - July 8, 2018
- Fired Political Cartoonist Rob Rogers Keeps Cartooning About Trump, Now on Patreon - June 19, 2018
- Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Sells for $2,052,000 After Bidding Resumes at Comic Connect - June 12, 2018