As much as Dynasty Warriors is great in certain areas and lacking in others, there’s been a growing request from some players in recent years for the game to go more open-world. Well, those players requests will finally be answered as this two-page insert shows plans for the next game in the series.
This is from the latest issue of Famitsu, who confirmed the news from Koei Tecmo that DynastyWarriorss 9 (also known as Shin Sangoku Muso 8) will be expanding the way their game works with open world mechanics. According to the translation, the game will still retain tropes of a Dynast Warrior title, including running around a battlefield looking for groups of 100+ enemies to cut down with your sheer might, but the news gives promise that you won’t be stuck or fixed into a specific location for all of that to take place in. The game has only been confirmed for PS4 with no release dates attached, and kinda doubtful we’ll see anything about it at E3 if all we’re getting are pictures at the moment. But still, something to look forward to!
- Platforms Revealed For 'Dynasty Warriors 9' Release Next Year
- Man Chong Joins The Generals In 'Dynasty Warriors 9'
- We Get to See the Expanded World of Dynasty Warriors 9 in New Trailer - December 15, 2017
- THQ Nordic Gives a Better Look at Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition - December 15, 2017
- Lost Soul Aside Gets a Gameplay Trailer Via PSX - December 15, 2017
- Bandai Namco Release Miki Hoshii Trailer for The Idolmaster: Stella Stage - December 15, 2017
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Gets a Story Trailer - December 15, 2017