We’re getting a second Suicide Squad whether we want one or not and, at the moment, we don’t have a director. It sounds like David Ayer is doing Gotham City Sirens so DC is likely looking for a new person to take over the helm of this mess of a franchise. It seems they had an interested party in Guy Ritchie to direct Suicide Squad 2, according to Variety, but scheduling conflicts means it wouldn’t happen.
“I quite fancy doing ‘Suicide Squad 2,’ because I thought I could do a good job with it,” he said. “I can’t do it because I’m doing something else. But I’ve felt I could really do something with that.”
There is currently no director lined up for Suicide Squad 2 but the rumored names include David S. Goyer, Jaume Collet-Serra, and Mel Gibson. The script is being written by Adam Cozad and there is no release date.
- [Sundance 2018] Seeing Allred Review: A Humanizing Look at a Polarizing Figure - January 23, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] An Evening with Beverly Luff Lin Review: A New Favorite for Absurdist Comedy Fans - January 23, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] People Brave a Blizzard to Attend the Respect Rally in Park City, Utah - January 22, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] The Tale Review: Breathtaking, Uncomfortable, and Incredibly Vital - January 22, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Bisbee ’17 Review: Drags Its Feet to a Satisfying Ending - January 22, 2018