When Dave Bautista left his successful pro wrestling career to become a Hollywood star, to be perfectly honest, none of us wrestling fans really believed Big Dave was going to make it. We were so confident Bautista would always come crawling back to wrestling that we booed the crap out of him when he returned to win the 2014 Royal Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan, even going so far as to give him the nickname “Boo-tista.” But we were wrong, and we can admit that. Dave Bautista is a big star, bigger than even his own legend (but not his own ego), and wrestling would be lucky to have him make the occasional return.
Sadly, it looks like that’s not likely to happen any time soon, at least not in WWE. Bautista recently appeared on the Talk is Jericho podcast, as transcribed by Cageside Seats, and while he did say that he misses getting in to the ring and grappling, what he doesn’t miss is WWE itself, or, more specifically, dealing with WWE’s bull****.
“Yeah, I miss it a lot,” Bautista said when asked if he misses the ring. “There’s nothing like it, you know that. There’s just an adrenaline rush that goes along with it. What I don’t miss is the company, to be honest with you. I don’t miss WWE. I miss wrestling, I just don’t miss dealing with the company and its bullshit. Yeah it’s the bullshit man, it’s just too much bullshit.”
Under any other circumstance, Bautista’s 2014 return would have made him a fan favorite, but WWE tried to bring him back right in the midst of their attempt to make fans stop liking Daniel Bryan. That attempt ultimately failed and not only screwed Bautista’s return, but helped set in motion the rejection of WWE’s current failed program, the never-ending push of Roman Reigns. In fact, if Bautista came back now, WWE would probably stupidly want him to job to Roman Reigns, or even worse, to ally himself with him and try to give him the movie star rub to make him look strong. It wouldn’t work, of course, and Bautista is smart enough, and has enough **** you money, to refuse to be involved with that sort of nonsense.
That doesn’t mean he hasn’t discussed a return, though.
“I’ve asked, yeah, I’ve asked,” Bautista told Chris Jericho. “I’ve asked for what I want. I’ll tell you and I’ve talked to [Triple H] about it and I’ve talked to Vince [McMahon] about it. I said I would come back and run a whole program with [Triple H]. That’s the only thing I’m interested in doing. They’re just not interested in it, you know?”
Bautista says he’s not interested in anything else, and that a feud with Triple H would be his retirement run.
“It would be what I would go out on,” he said. “I would come back and I’d do a whole program and then I’d be done.”
However, for some reason, WWE doesn’t seem to be interested in seeing the return of one of a bonafide Hollywood action star.
“I’ve run it by them a few different times and they just say ‘yeah, we’ll think about it,'” Bautista revealed. “That’s every time I ask them about it. ‘Yeah, I’ll think about it.'”
That sounds like some of that WWE bull**** he was talking about earlier. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is in theaters now.
- Three Posters From Sundance Movie 'Bushwick' Starring Dave Bautista And Brittany Snow
- Is Guardians Of The Galaxy Star Dave Bautista Angling For A WWE Return?
- WWE's Titus O'Neil Deletes Kayfabe-Killing Tweet Showing Roman Reigns And Braun Strowman Hanging Out In Rome
- Roman Reigns Says Tonight Is Only About #Payback, Fans Respond: "YASS KING"
- Goodness Gracious! New WWE PPV, Great Balls Of Fire, With First Brock Lesnar Title Defense Coming In July
- On Total Divas Star Paige's Shocking Video, Alberto Del Rio Trashes WWE Boss Triple H: "Big Nose," "No ****"
- In Defense Of Roman Reigns, A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words
- CM Punk’s Former Best Friend, Colt Cabana, is Suing Him for $1.2 Million - August 15, 2018
- To Sue Former Aide Omarosa, Donald Trump Hires Hulk Hogan’s Lawyer from Gawker Lawsuit - August 15, 2018
- Carnage Set for Return in Web of Venom: Carnage Born - August 15, 2018
- Senators Elizabeth Warren and Brian Schatz Demand Investigation Into Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter, “Mar-a-Lago Cronies” Over VA Influence - August 15, 2018
- DC to Make Waves with Justice League/Aquaman Drowned Earth Crossover in November - August 15, 2018