If at first you don’t succeed, try again. And if you don’t succeed then, try again. Hell, try again even if you succeed, even more in that case actually, and eventually you’ll have a franchise on your hands. That seems to be the motto of Hollywood, and it’s certainly being utilized for the upcoming remake of A Star Is Born, the 1976 Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson film which was itself a remake of a 1954 Judy Garland and James Mason film which was itself a remake of a 1937 Janet Gaynor and Fredric March film, though no one is old enough to remember that one except Bleeding Cool Managing Editor Mark Seifert. According to sandwich-themed Hollywood gossip blog The Wrap, Dave Chappelle has signed on to star in the film, along with the already attached Andrew Dice Clay, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, who will also direct. We’ll let you figure out who is playing who.
This is actually the second attempt to reboot the Star Is Born franchise in recent years. Back in 2011, Clint Eastwood was set to direct Beyonce in a remake of the film, but he quickly left to pursue a longtime interest in talking to chairs. A Star Is Born is set to hit theaters on Sept. 28, 2019.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Political Career Suffers First Major Setback As Baywatch Set To Bomb At The Box Office - May 27, 2017
- British Snack Company Walkers Apologizes After Featuring Pro Wrestling Murderer Chris Benoit In Crisps Ad - May 27, 2017
- There’s No News On The Next Star Wars Anthology Film Yet, But Maybe There Will Be Next Month - May 27, 2017
- X-Pac X-Onerated: DA Drops Sean Waltman’s Drug Case For Lack Of Evidence - May 26, 2017
- Karolina Joins Runaways Lineup In Latest Marvel Teaser - May 26, 2017