If at first you don’t succeed, try again. And if you don’t succeed then, try again. Hell, try again even if you succeed, even more in that case actually, and eventually you’ll have a franchise on your hands. That seems to be the motto of Hollywood, and it’s certainly being utilized for the upcoming remake of A Star Is Born, the 1976 Barbara Streisand and Kris Kristofferson film which was itself a remake of a 1954 Judy Garland and James Mason film which was itself a remake of a 1937 Janet Gaynor and Fredric March film, though no one is old enough to remember that one except Bleeding Cool Managing Editor Mark Seifert. According to sandwich-themed Hollywood gossip blog The Wrap, Dave Chappelle has signed on to star in the film, along with the already attached Andrew Dice Clay, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, who will also direct. We’ll let you figure out who is playing who.
This is actually the second attempt to reboot the Star Is Born franchise in recent years. Back in 2011, Clint Eastwood was set to direct Beyonce in a remake of the film, but he quickly left to pursue a longtime interest in talking to chairs. A Star Is Born is set to hit theaters on Sept. 28, 2019.
- Lady Gaga Will Not Appear In American Horror Story Season 7
- X-ual Healing: X-Men Gold Finally Hits Its Stride in X-Men Gold #26 - April 21, 2018
- Those Nerds at Archaia Want You to Spend Your Summer Reading Graphic Novels - April 21, 2018
- Image is Selling All 6 Volumes of Rick Remender and Wes Craig’s Deadly Class for $23 This Weekend - April 21, 2018
- IDW’s EuroComics to Publish Serena Blasco’s Enola Holmes Graphic Novels - April 21, 2018
- Archie Comics Targets Generation Z With Epistolary Fiction on Yarn App - April 21, 2018