Outlast 2 just got a new patch that is supposed to fix a few things here and there in specific spots, but the primary focus from the developers at Red Barrels Studio was balancing the difficulty on Hard and Nightmare modes. Apparently, they were a pain in the ass to complete and received a lot of complaints from even the best of players. Supposedly this patch kept them hard but didn’t make it so hard you might as well be waiting to push the A button to retry. Here’s the list of fixes and other adjustments the patch addressed.
- Global rebalancing of the game difficulty.
- Microphone no longer uses extra batteries.
- Increased the size of subtitles.
- Fixed an issue on Intel HD 4000 cards where most dynamic lights were missing.
- Fixed an issue where flickering black squares appear in the center of the screen at some specific resolutions.
- Fixed an issue with alternate controller mappings and the camcorder UI.
- Fixed an issue with double doors where one of them is locked.
- Fixed an issue causing lost save games when Steam somehow fails to initialize.
- Fixed some heretic sound effects.
- Fixed multiple minor gameplay issues (collisions, crawling, tutorials, etc.)
- Fixed multiple rare crashes.
- Added a “-refreshrate 60” command-line parameter to specify a preferred refresh rate (replace 60 by the desired refresh rate).
- Added a “-notexturelimit” command-line parameter to remove texture size limits based on VRAM amount.
- Added a “-borderless” command-line parameter to use borderless fullscreen and not have to edit INI files.
Consoles players will receive the patch soon, according to the studio.
Red Barrels also announced that in the first week of release, it has recouped development costs for Outlast 2. Congrats all around on that.
- ‘Ink’, ‘MvCI’, & ‘NBA 2K18’ For Video Game Releases: Sept. 19-25 - September 19, 2017
- Can You Make ESports Relatable? We Explore The Possibilities In ‘Good Game’ - September 18, 2017
- Battling Like A Pair Of Rad DJ’s! We Review ‘Dropmix’ - September 18, 2017
- Getting A Better View With Two New Pair Of Gunnar Optiks - September 18, 2017
- Listen, Morty. I Know Who Did It. We Review ‘Rick And Morty’ - September 18, 2017