The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 team roster was always going to expand — because that’s just what happens in sequels. The original team was a bit of a sausage fest, so no one was really that surprised when they announced Mantis would be joining the team.
However, Mantis usually has green skin in the comics — meaning that on a visual level, she would look very similar to Gamora. The Guardians movies are very high-contrast with distinct character designs, which makes each member easy to tell apart from the others. So they gave Mantis, played by actress Pom Klementieff, a lighter skin tone.
But early concept art for the character from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: The Art of the Movie, posted by Comic Book News, show a more comic-accurate look to the character — check it out below.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is in theaters now.
- New Clip And Two TV Spots For ‘Atomic Blonde’ - June 27, 2017
- Kevin Feige Would Love To Do Something With Blade “One Day” - June 27, 2017
- Jamie Foxx Knows When You Hate The Movie He’s Promoting - June 27, 2017
- The New IMAX Poster For ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Is A Mess - June 27, 2017
- Neil Marshall Can “Take Off The Cuffs” With The R-Rated ‘Hellboy’ Reboot - June 26, 2017