The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 team roster was always going to expand — because that’s just what happens in sequels. The original team was a bit of a sausage fest, so no one was really that surprised when they announced Mantis would be joining the team.
However, Mantis usually has green skin in the comics — meaning that on a visual level, she would look very similar to Gamora. The Guardians movies are very high-contrast with distinct character designs, which makes each member easy to tell apart from the others. So they gave Mantis, played by actress Pom Klementieff, a lighter skin tone.
But early concept art for the character from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: The Art of the Movie, posted by Comic Book News, show a more comic-accurate look to the character — check it out below.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is in theaters now.
- Shane Black’s The Predator Gets A Motion Poster - October 21, 2017
- Avengers 4 Is Reportedly Bringing Back A Character From Iron Man 3 - October 20, 2017
- Aquaman Wraps Production Tomorrow According To Jason Momoa - October 20, 2017
- The Nerd Dome Podcast Episode 105 – Star Trek: Discovery Is Fine - October 20, 2017
- Pacific Rim Uprising Director Says Crossover With The Monster-Verse Is Possible - October 20, 2017