The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 team roster was always going to expand — because that’s just what happens in sequels. The original team was a bit of a sausage fest, so no one was really that surprised when they announced Mantis would be joining the team.
However, Mantis usually has green skin in the comics — meaning that on a visual level, she would look very similar to Gamora. The Guardians movies are very high-contrast with distinct character designs, which makes each member easy to tell apart from the others. So they gave Mantis, played by actress Pom Klementieff, a lighter skin tone.
But early concept art for the character from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: The Art of the Movie, posted by Comic Book News, show a more comic-accurate look to the character — check it out below.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is in theaters now.
- Alamo Drafthouse Announces Women-Only ‘Wonder Woman’ Screening And Men React Predictably - May 25, 2017
- HBO Renews ‘Veep’ And ‘Silicon Valley’ But T.J. Miller Is Leaving The Latter - May 25, 2017
- Trailer For Netflix Original “Shimmer Lake” Tells A Crime In Reverse - May 25, 2017
- New War For The Planet Of The Apes TV Spot: “You Are Impressive” - May 25, 2017
- Two Songs From The ‘Wonder Woman’ OST And They Are Awesome - May 25, 2017