In the last month or so, I have been aware of the rise of the fidget spinner in my household.
A type of stress relieving toy, that basically spins in the hand, it has been recommended for those with anxiety or autism.It is intended to act as a release mechanism for nervous energy or stress.
Different bearings adjust the vibration, noise, and spin time of the fidget spinner leading to unique sensory feedback.
Patented in 1997 by Catherine A. Hettinger in the U.S., the patent expired this year and as a result many manufacturers have started creating spinners in a variety of different shapes and designs.
And they are the new kiddie crack. Though Diamond Comic Distributors will only have them in July, keen comic stores may look to find them elsewhere first.
Any second now, the big IP companies are going to descend on these. Though some people are ahead of that… this Batman Fidget Spinner is unofficial but very popular and comes in a variety of colours.
Why hasn’t one of these been in a Loot Crate yet?
And the big question is… who’ll make the first Fidget Spinners comic? I have an idea if any publisher or artist wants a look? This has Kickstarter written all over it.
- Someone Made A Fidget Spinner Verision Of Agar.io ... Why?!
- New Starlit Swag Bag From Starlight Creation Offers Handmade Geeky Goodness!
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018