Obviously, Guardians of the Galaxy are getting another event in Marvel’s mobile casual game Avengers Academy, to tie in with the cinematic release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
This time we’re promised the villains will be Ayesha and her Priestesses, portrayed in the game as cold-hearted ‘intergalactic mean girls’. New characters players will be able to get will include the Collector, Baby Groot, Mantis, Cosmo, Adam Warlock (particularly interesting as Warlock was rumoured to be making an appearance in the film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 but didn’t make the final film, and is now rumoured to appear in the third film) as well as premium character Sam Alexander/Nova. Thor Groot will also be a new costume choice for everyone’s favourite talking tree, as well as other costumes for some of the games popular characters.
Interestingly, the game will be introducing a new battle map feature, which will apparently add a whole new kind of gameplay for players.
However, so far the event has focused on rehashing the original GotG event, allowing players who hadn’t managed to get the characters or buildings from the original event the chance to get them, and for those of us who did, some much needed downtime between events in a way.
The game district, when it appears will apparently also contain a whole bunch of Easter Eggs and teasers for upcoming events too….so we’ll see if it teases Inhumans and X-Men next.
- Not To Be Outdone, Avengers Academy Brings The Defenders To The Palm Of Your Hand
- Spider-Man Homecoming Update Coming For Avengers Academy
- Avengers Academy Sidesteps Into The Multiverse
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017