When I told the kids there was an Naimal Jam comic coming, there was mild interest.
When I told them it would be free for Free Comic Book Day in May and then start a new ongoing series based on the popular video game, their ears pricked up.
But when I told them the first issue would have Free stickers, they bit my arm off.
In Britain, the kids weekly comic book market is made up almost entirely of comics with free giveaway items, stickers, toys, cards, posters, notebooks, makeup and the like. Indeed, it is more accurate to say that the comic is just s delivery mechanism for… stuff.
Could this be the first step in a similar direction?
- Batman Back in the Bat-Trunks Over His Broken Heart - July 20, 2018
- DC Confirms Pete Tomasi on Detective Comics with Doug Mahnke from #994 - July 20, 2018
- Boom! Studios: Shouting About Joss Whedon’s Firefly and Holo Cover Power Rangers - July 20, 2018
- Humberto Ramos to Alternate with Ryan Ottley on Amazing Spider-Man – and More - July 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ New Logo for 2019 – Their 80th Anniversary - July 20, 2018