When I told the kids there was an Naimal Jam comic coming, there was mild interest.
When I told them it would be free for Free Comic Book Day in May and then start a new ongoing series based on the popular video game, their ears pricked up.
But when I told them the first issue would have Free stickers, they bit my arm off.
In Britain, the kids weekly comic book market is made up almost entirely of comics with free giveaway items, stickers, toys, cards, posters, notebooks, makeup and the like. Indeed, it is more accurate to say that the comic is just s delivery mechanism for… stuff.
Could this be the first step in a similar direction?
- Free Marvel 2018 Calendars Tomorrow Only Show The Classic Versions Of Characters – Including The Fantastic Four - December 12, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today With A Comic Show – Legacy, Tom King & Christmas Specials! - December 12, 2017
- After 32 Years, Comic Store Tries to Raise $1 Million to Buy Its Own Shopping Centre - December 12, 2017
- The Wicked + The Divine Fails The Mull of Kintyre Test [Annual #1 Spoilers] - December 12, 2017
- Gerard Jones’s Trial to Begin in March Next Year - December 12, 2017