When I told the kids there was an Naimal Jam comic coming, there was mild interest.
When I told them it would be free for Free Comic Book Day in May and then start a new ongoing series based on the popular video game, their ears pricked up.
But when I told them the first issue would have Free stickers, they bit my arm off.
In Britain, the kids weekly comic book market is made up almost entirely of comics with free giveaway items, stickers, toys, cards, posters, notebooks, makeup and the like. Indeed, it is more accurate to say that the comic is just s delivery mechanism for… stuff.
Could this be the first step in a similar direction?
- What The Fashionable Sheldon Cooper Will Be Wearing This Winter - October 18, 2017
- Frank Cho, Drawing Harley Quinn Covers Longer Than He Would Have Done On Wonder Woman - October 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Reprint Deathstroke Vol 3: Nuclear Winter TPB Over Missing Page - October 18, 2017
- IDW Issues A Recall Of Kid Lobotomy #1 Gold Foil Covers, Asks Retailers To Rip Them Off - October 18, 2017
- Eric Zawadzki And Ryan Lindsay’s Graphic Novel, Eternal, From Black Mask January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017