Marvel is currently holding their Secret Empire panel at C2E2, and Bleeding Cool has Ace Reporter Adam Ebert on the scene. You can read our liveblog coverage of the whole panel here. From that liveblog, Adam Ebert captured a Q&A with Nick Spencer in which Spencer was asked what possessed him to write the Hydra Cap story and joked,
What possessed you to write this story?
Spencer says he will not take full credit, noting he took the book over from Rick Remender who left some ideas on the floor. Remender was planning a story where Hydra had infiltrated parts of the Marvel Universe, teams all across the world. Spencer said that was too big for him and looked for a place for one good plant. Steve Rogers fit the bill. The story worked and Spencer shifted it to what worked for him. “You can always blame Rick Remender.”
- Kavanaugh Alleged Sexual Assault Witness Reading Superman Comics in Delaware Hideout - September 25, 2018
- Stranger Things, Umbrella Academy, Black Hammer, and More Dark Horse NYCC Exclusives - September 25, 2018
- Finally! An Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant by Rob Liefeld - September 25, 2018
- Grant Morrison Reimagines Green Lantern as a Dude Who Crashes on Your Couch (Preview) - September 25, 2018
- Marvel Recycles 40-Year-Old Dave Cockrum Art for Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - September 25, 2018