This is the July solicitation to Astonishing X-Men #1.
ASTONISHING X-MEN #1
CHARLES SOULE (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
Variant Cover by ARTGERM
Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
Character Variant Cover by TERRY DODSON
Villain Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN
REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JIM LEE
Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
ONLY THE X-MEN CAN SAVE US!
An ancient evil is attacking the world’s most powerful minds. It will have them by the time you finish this sentence, and a moment later, it will have us all. A band of X-MEN discovers the truth behind the threat, but there is no time left. PSYLOCKE, OLD MAN LOGAN, BISHOP, ARCHANGEL, FANTOMEX, ROGUE and GAMBIT will attempt to save a world that hates and fears them. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THE X-MEN.
From blockbuster writer CHARLES SOULE and joined by a roster of superstar artists beginning with JIM CHEUNG. ASTONISHING X-MEN. It’s the X-book you need.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
Well, at the Marvel ResurrXion panel at C2E2, it was announced by Charles Soule that the ancient evil is, indeed, The Shadow King.
Someone’s been watching Legion. I mean, all the way through… Apparently, his appearance in both was a happy accident. But his presence in Astonishing X-Men will turn the comic into a puzzle box of a story with shifting realities. It will involve weaponising nostalgia, as the astral plane is used for flashback purposes.
Soule is working to “create something in concert” with each artist, Ron Garney, ACO, Phil Noto, Greg Land and Ramon Rosanas. He says he finds the whole thing very difficult to write… hopefully it will be slightly easier to read.
Only slightly, mind.
Oh, and look for the final page to “break the internet”. You know, again.
Character relationships will be very important to Astonishing. Last page of issue one to "break the internet" according to D'Lando.
— J. Herron (@TattoodComicGuy) April 21, 2017
- Astonishing X-Men Leads To Something Significant And New
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 21st January 2018 – A “Great Thaw” Taking Place over Marvel’s Comics - January 21, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters, 21st January 2018 – Kindness Works, Allegedly - January 21, 2018