This is the July solicitation to Astonishing X-Men #1.
ASTONISHING X-MEN #1
CHARLES SOULE (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
Variant Cover by ARTGERM
Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
Character Variant Cover by TERRY DODSON
Villain Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN
REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY JIM LEE
Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
ONLY THE X-MEN CAN SAVE US!
An ancient evil is attacking the world’s most powerful minds. It will have them by the time you finish this sentence, and a moment later, it will have us all. A band of X-MEN discovers the truth behind the threat, but there is no time left. PSYLOCKE, OLD MAN LOGAN, BISHOP, ARCHANGEL, FANTOMEX, ROGUE and GAMBIT will attempt to save a world that hates and fears them. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THE X-MEN.
From blockbuster writer CHARLES SOULE and joined by a roster of superstar artists beginning with JIM CHEUNG. ASTONISHING X-MEN. It’s the X-book you need.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
Well, at the Marvel ResurrXion panel at C2E2, it was announced by Charles Soule that the ancient evil is, indeed, The Shadow King.
Someone’s been watching Legion. I mean, all the way through… Apparently, his appearance in both was a happy accident. But his presence in Astonishing X-Men will turn the comic into a puzzle box of a story with shifting realities. It will involve weaponising nostalgia, as the astral plane is used for flashback purposes.
Soule is working to “create something in concert” with each artist, Ron Garney, ACO, Phil Noto, Greg Land and Ramon Rosanas. He says he finds the whole thing very difficult to write… hopefully it will be slightly easier to read.
Only slightly, mind.
Oh, and look for the final page to “break the internet”. You know, again.
Character relationships will be very important to Astonishing. Last page of issue one to "break the internet" according to D'Lando.
— J. Herron @ C2E2 (@TattoodComicGuy) April 21, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017