Marvel Value Stamps ran in Marvel Comics during 1974-1976, Series A and Series B. Series A saw 100 “stamps” featuring images of Marvel characters that could be cut out from the letters pages of various Marvel comics and then taped into a 16-page book that Marvel sold separately.
While the Series B stamps were 100 puzzle pieces that could be pieced together to form ten larger images in another stamp book.
And, in the process, destroying the value of the comics for future collectors.
Now, announced at the Diamond Summit today to comic book retailers, we have the news that Marvel is bringing the promotion back… somehow.
I expect collectors would prefer this to be a digital promotion…
- Chip Kidd’s New Batman Project To Be Previewed In September’s CBLDF Defender - June 26, 2017
- A Brand New IMAX Poster For Marvel’s New TV Show, The Inhumans - June 26, 2017
- Doctor Who Spoilers – A Multiple Regeneration Episode? A Reveal, A Pause And Rumours For Next Week’s The Doctor Falls - June 26, 2017
- A Frozen 2017 Comics Annual In September From Joe Books - June 26, 2017
- A New Doctor Who: The Doctor Falls Trailer – “Three Of Them, Eh? I Didn’t Know When I Was Well Off” - June 26, 2017