Marvel Value Stamps ran in Marvel Comics during 1974-1976, Series A and Series B. Series A saw 100 “stamps” featuring images of Marvel characters that could be cut out from the letters pages of various Marvel comics and then taped into a 16-page book that Marvel sold separately.
While the Series B stamps were 100 puzzle pieces that could be pieced together to form ten larger images in another stamp book.
And, in the process, destroying the value of the comics for future collectors.
Now, announced at the Diamond Summit today to comic book retailers, we have the news that Marvel is bringing the promotion back… somehow.
I expect collectors would prefer this to be a digital promotion…
- Comic Store In Your Future – The Return of Diamond’s Secret Shopper - May 26, 2018
- Letitia Wright Would Rather Be the New Black Panther Than the New Iron Man - May 26, 2018
- David Harewood Promises Big Changes to Supergirl at the End of Season 3 - May 26, 2018
- 15 Things to Pick Up at MCM London Comic Con 2018 Today - May 26, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018