Marvel Value Stamps ran in Marvel Comics during 1974-1976, Series A and Series B. Series A saw 100 “stamps” featuring images of Marvel characters that could be cut out from the letters pages of various Marvel comics and then taped into a 16-page book that Marvel sold separately.
While the Series B stamps were 100 puzzle pieces that could be pieced together to form ten larger images in another stamp book.
And, in the process, destroying the value of the comics for future collectors.
Now, announced at the Diamond Summit today to comic book retailers, we have the news that Marvel is bringing the promotion back… somehow.
I expect collectors would prefer this to be a digital promotion…
- Hot Rumour: ReedPOP Gets Into Bed With MCM Comic Con - October 20, 2017
- Quantum And Woody! #0.0001 1/2 Published Digitally, Free Today By Valiant - October 20, 2017
- Fear And Loathing At The Marvel Comics Writers Summit Before New York Comic Con - October 20, 2017
- The Black Eyed Peas Show Off The Augmented Reality In Their New Comic Book - October 20, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Dominates Advance Reorders, But It Has No Artgerm Cover - October 20, 2017