Marvel Value Stamps ran in Marvel Comics during 1974-1976, Series A and Series B. Series A saw 100 “stamps” featuring images of Marvel characters that could be cut out from the letters pages of various Marvel comics and then taped into a 16-page book that Marvel sold separately.
While the Series B stamps were 100 puzzle pieces that could be pieced together to form ten larger images in another stamp book.
And, in the process, destroying the value of the comics for future collectors.
Now, announced at the Diamond Summit today to comic book retailers, we have the news that Marvel is bringing the promotion back… somehow.
I expect collectors would prefer this to be a digital promotion…
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017
- Disillusionment With Comics Almost Made Me Give Them Up For Good - August 19, 2017
- Bringing Back The Floppy Comic For The Battle Of Dunkirk - August 19, 2017
- DC Comics Reprint Retailer Exclusive Covers Of Metal #1 After Serious Print Flaws - August 19, 2017