Marvel Value Stamps ran in Marvel Comics during 1974-1976, Series A and Series B. Series A saw 100 “stamps” featuring images of Marvel characters that could be cut out from the letters pages of various Marvel comics and then taped into a 16-page book that Marvel sold separately.
While the Series B stamps were 100 puzzle pieces that could be pieced together to form ten larger images in another stamp book.
And, in the process, destroying the value of the comics for future collectors.
Now, announced at the Diamond Summit today to comic book retailers, we have the news that Marvel is bringing the promotion back… somehow.
I expect collectors would prefer this to be a digital promotion…
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018
- Meltdown Comics of Los Angeles Is Closing For Good on March 30th (UPDATE) - March 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Talking The Death of Thor and More - March 21, 2018
- Magdalene Visaggio and Eva Cabrera Launch Oh S#!T, It’s Kim & Kim #1 in June - March 21, 2018