Marvel Value Stamps ran in Marvel Comics during 1974-1976, Series A and Series B. Series A saw 100 “stamps” featuring images of Marvel characters that could be cut out from the letters pages of various Marvel comics and then taped into a 16-page book that Marvel sold separately.
While the Series B stamps were 100 puzzle pieces that could be pieced together to form ten larger images in another stamp book.
And, in the process, destroying the value of the comics for future collectors.
Now, announced at the Diamond Summit today to comic book retailers, we have the news that Marvel is bringing the promotion back… somehow.
I expect collectors would prefer this to be a digital promotion…
- Gerry Duggan and Mike Deodato, Creative Team for Infinite Countdown Prime #1 in February 2018 - December 13, 2017
- A Music Video Trailer for ML Miller and James Michael Whynot’s Gravetrancers #1, Out Today - December 13, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man #793, Ryan Stegman Does His Best Todd McFarlane Impersonation to Date - December 13, 2017
- Durham Red and Chopper Return to 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine - December 13, 2017
- The Making of a Fascist Batman in Today’s Detective Comics #970 (SPOILERS) - December 13, 2017